Crazy for Collagen?
Collagen is the newest health craze and I'm crazy for it too, for good reason. People are seeing real results by incorporating it consistently into their diets!
Benefits of Collagen
- skin clearing
- fat loss due to its metabolism boosting properties
- gut healing
- alleviation of joint pain and discomfort
This Coconut Lime Collagen Cooler is great because it incorporates nutrients like vitamin C from the lime juice and fat (especailly if you're using full fat coconut milk!) to help your body utilize the collagen peptides most efficiently. Read: metabolism boosting, gut healing, skin clearing superpowers in action all in one sparkling little beverage.
1 cup/8oz. sparkling water, coconut flavor (or any desired flavor)
1/4 cup/2 oz. unsweetened coconut or almond milk
2 tbsp lime juice
1 tbsp grade B maple syrup (or to taste)
2 scoops Collagen Peptides
Garnishes: mint, basil, lime wedge, etc. (optional)
Directions: Although it seems straightforward, there's actually a trick to getting your collagen to fully dissolve in this beverage. First, add the collagen powder, then add just a bit milk and whisk rapidly with a fork. Once dissolved, add in the rest of the milk and ingredients. Garnish with mint or basil leaf, lime, you could even dip the rim into extra lime juice and date or coconut sugar.
Substitutions + Tips:
- Get creative! Try adding in berries, your favorite vodka or tequila, or switch out the sparkling water for your favorite Kombucha. The ideas are endless!
- Shake, shake, shake! You can also opt to blend or whisk (shaker bottle works well in a pinch!) this beverage further. If using full fat coconut milk you may find it solidifying a bit, which can happen depending on brand, quality, etc. But, this is totally normal, don't worry!
- Get social! I love this recipe for a great healthy addition/alternative to drinks at social events, plus it can totally work as a post-workout 'meal'. Yep. Collagen is a super source of clean, lean protein. You're welcome.
ASHLEY GOTSCHALL | ASHLEYGOTSCHALL.COM
Ashley Gotschall is a certified nutrition and health coach and founder of Ashley Gotschall Nutrition, a website dedicated to showing busy moms who juggle it all exactly how to use food + nutrition to create real change and transformation simply, affordably and most importantly, for life. Read more >
Follow @ashleygotschall on Instagram >