reprinted with permission from @pumpkinandpb
"all the fall feels right here 🍐🍂🍁☕️ have you ever cooked your oats with tea?! it's like the simplest thing ever, but a serious game changer 🙌🏻 " - @pumpkinandpb
Chai Spiced Oatmeal
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup steel cut oats
- 2 chai tea bags
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1-2 ripe pears, sliced
- 2-4 tablespoons cashew butter
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- Pour milk, water, a pinch of salt, and two kinds of oats into a medium sized pot. Bring to a boil, then turn down to a simmer and add in two chai tea bags (drape the tag over the side of the pot). Cover and cook for 20-25 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes and scraping the sides of the pan so the oats don't stick. Oatmeal is done when the consistency is thick with just a little bit of liquid left (like a porridge).
- While the oatmeal is cooking, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and spread coconut flakes across a baking sheet. Toast for 5-7 minutes, or until just turning golden. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Once oatmeal is cooked, remove tea bags and stir in a heaping teaspoon of cinnamon. Pour into bowls and top with sliced pears, toasted coconut, a sprinkle of pumpkin seeds, and a big dollop of nut butter.
- Mix of old fashioned and steel cut with sliced pear, cashew butter, toasted coconut, and a sprinkle of pumpkin seeds.