"Have you ever tried making your own granola? I don't know why I waited so long. It's so easy, yummy and so much healthier for you as you control exactly what ingredients you use." - @deliciouslyvibrant
Gluten Free Chocolate Granola
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup of raw hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 1-2 teaspoons cinnamon
- pinch of Himalayan salt
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 3 teaspoons honey or maple syrup (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Carefully chop/crush hazelnuts into small pieces.
- In a big bowl, mix the coconut flakes, buckwheat groats, flaxseeds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and chopped hazelnuts with the cinnamon and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix the coconut oil, almond butter, raw cacao and your sweetener of choice (if you choose to add some). Stir well, until everything is combined.
- Add the chocolate mixture to your dry ingredients and mix everything well together.
- Spread the granola on a baking tray and let it bake for about 15-20 minutes. Make sure that you check every 5 to 10 minutes, stirring it with a spoon, so it won’t get burned.
- When it’s done, take it out and let it cool off a little before storing it in a jar or something similar.