"Salty, pumpkiny, caramely goodness. Tomorrow on the blog I'm sharing this super simple, naturally sweetened Halloween treat. Now I'm not saying I won't be dipping my hand into Mila's treat bag...but these are the perfect pick me up any time of day when those Halloween sugar cravings are getting the best of you." - @lindsaypleskotrd
Salted Caramel Bites
- 1 cup cashews, raw
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp pumpkin puree
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ¾ cup medjool dates, pitted
- Pinch of coarse salt, to taste
- Top with toasted pumpkin seeds and/or sea salt
Optional: maple syrup to sweeten. (Try it without first! The dates add a nice light sweetness.
- Place cashews, coconut oil, pumpkin puree and vanilla into a food processor and blend until smooth, approx 3-4 minutes (there may still be some small chunks or cashews).
- Add pumpkin pie spice and dates and blend until smooth, another 2-3 minutes or so.
- Use rubber candy molds or line a loaf pan with parchment paper and spoon the mixture in. If using the loaf pan, flatten the top with a spatula. Top with pumpkin seeds and a pinch of coarse salt. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the freezer to harden for an hour. Pop out of the candy molds or if in the loaf pan, cut into bite sized pieces and enjoy!
Note: store in the fridge or freezer. Coconut oil melts at room temperature so caramels become quite soft it left out. You can still pack these for snacks on the go but note they soften quite a bit so pack/wrap accordingly!