reprinted with permission from @nourishedbynutrition
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup water
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup cashew milk
- 2 tablespoons protein powder
Optional Toppings: hemp hearts, pomegranate arils, walnuts, bee pollen
- In a medium pot, place the rolled oats, water, vanilla and salt. Bring the oats to a boil and let them cook over medium-low heat for 3 minutes.
- While the oats are cooking, place the cashew milk in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the protein powder and whisk it continuously until it’s dissolved. Continue to stir occasionally while the milk is warming. (Just warm the milk, don’t let it start to boil).
- Once the oatmeal is cooked, stir the milk into the oats and cook for another 2 minutes. Place the oatmeal into serving bowls and top with hemp hearts, pomegranate arils, walnuts and bee pollen or any other toppings you like!