Pumpkin Sweet Potato Soup | @whollynourishedrd
reprinted with permission from @whollynourishedrd using #nutritionsimply.
"Finally! It has dipped into the 50's today and I'm not mad about it because it means I get to curl up with a bowl of my fave pumpkin soup. Let's talk about pumpkin for a sec. Did you know that a serving of pumpkin packs the same amount of potassium as a banana making it a great option to add to recovery smoothies post workout? So good! Plus the fiber content will make you feel fuller longer." -@whollynourishedrd
Pumpkin Sweet Potato Soup
- 1 sugar pumpkin (3 cups roasted pumpkin)
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 6 cups of vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 5 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, cubed
For the Roasted Pumpkin
- Preheat oven to 400F. Cut the pumpkin in half and scoop out the seeds. Cut into wedges, drizzle with some EVOO, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes until fork tender.
For the Soup
- Sauté a small onion in 2T of EVOO, add 1.5 tsp curry and cook for one minute.
- Add 6 cups of vegetable broth, 3T maple syrup, 5 sprigs of thyme, 2 medium sweet potatoes cubes and the 3c of the roasted pumpkin. Bring to a boil and simmer for 30min.
- Discard thyme stems. Blend soup with an immersion blender.