Tropical Granola | @lindsaypleskotrd
- 3 cups of rolled oats
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp honey
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ½ cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup coconut pieces, coarsely chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup dried mango
- ½ cup of dried pineapple
- Preheat oven to 350F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Add coconut oil and honey to a small microwave safe dish and microwave for 15-30 seconds (depending on how hard they are) or until melted. Whisk with a fork to combine and set aside.
- Meanwhile, add chia seeds, pecans, walnuts, coconut, and salt to a medium size mixing bowl and stir to combine ingredients. Pour the coconut oil and honey mixture overtop and mix with a fork to coat ingredients well.
- Distribute mixture in a single layer, between the two baking sheets, so it browns nice and evenly.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, stirring after the first 10 minutes. Add the chopped fruit for the last 5 minutes of baking (if you put it in too soon it will overcook and just become an undesirable crunchy texture). **Baking time will differ depending on how brown you like it. (I like mine golden all over and baked for 17 minutes).
- Remove from the oven and let it cool. Store in an airtight jar.