**If this blog post had a soundtrack it’d be T-Pain “Buy U A Drank” but it doesn’t, so for the full effect, you’re gonna wanna just pull that up in the background** side note: does this age me?!
Pack your bags lover, we’re goin to the beach.
It’s summer solstice (!!!) and I can think of no better way to celebrate than dranks poolside, the warm sun on your face and a salty ocean breeze blowing through your hair. And since we’re dreaming here let’s also add a cabana boy, all-day childcare and endless refills as well ;) You in? Say yes.
Everything you need for the perfect summer afternoon is waiting for you right here.
(Minus the ocean, swim-up pool bar, cabana boy, designer bathing suit…okay so basically just drinks. I’ve got drinks covered. Are we still friends? You hate me now, don’t you? Drinks is still nice though, ya? Ya. Imma buy you a drank...🎧)
Watermelon Mint Limeade
What you need:
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 limes, squeezed
- 6 cups seedless watermelon (about half 1 medium watermelon)
- 10-12 mint leaves
To make it:
- Bring water and honey to a boil. Simmer about 5-7 minutes or until simple syrup is formed and honey is dissolved.
- Blend watermelon and mint leaves on high 2-3 minutes or until pureed.
- Combine simple syrup and watermelon mix.
- Chill and serve cold
We're kinda obsessed with watermelons. They're...
- crazy hydrating
- a good source of vitamins A & C
- full of lycopene to fight inflammation and bloat
- high in fiber for good digestions
And ICYMI mint isn't just for mojitos. It helps with...
- improved digestion
- fighting inflammation
- soothing a sick or upset stomach
- headaches and nausea
Make it your own
For a nutrient boost:
- add fresh peaches // rich in calcium, potassium, magnesium, iron, manganese, phosphorous, zinc, and copper
- add kiwi // good source of vitamin C for healthy, glowing skin
For an antioxidant boost:
- add pears
- add grapes
- add cranberries
For gut health:
- add ginger // helps with GI health, indigestion, nausea, joint pain
These drinks are so refreshing, simple and full of healthy nutrients and all-natural good digestion foods.
(to uh, balance out those ice cream sandwiches. I mean what? who said that?) Make up a batch for the week and bring ‘em to the pool, the park, to hide in the bathroom from the kids, or to a fancy picnic with friends.
Okay, but for real, who wants to go to the beach? Should we just plan a retreat already? You want us all to come stay at your beach house? That’s what I was thinking too! Kidding, but seriously, tag me on Insta @shannanmonson so we can have a virtual happy hour. K you’re the best. No one I’d rather have drinks with ;)